Free UK Delivery on all orders over £50
Omron M4 Intelli IT Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor HEM-7155T-EBK
The Omron M4 Intelli IT is a clinically validated blood pressure monitor that simplifies monitoring your hypertension at home and automatically transfers your results to your smartphone by Bluetooth.
Automatically update your latest results to your smartphone by Bluetooth and have your blood pressure readings at your fingertips in the Omron connect app or you can just ask Alexa to let you know your latest readings without even picking up your phone.
Omron’s unique Intelli Wrap Cuff takes away the hassle of cuff placement on the upper arm – giving accurate blood pressure measurements in any position around the upper arm.
Cuff wrap guide and body movement detection indicators help you to avoid common mistakes that can cause inaccurate blood pressure readings.
Omron, the number one recommended brand by cardiologists for home blood pressure monitors in Europe
|Device Type||Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor|
- Diabetic Patients
- Pregnant Women
|Intelli Wrap Cuff Technology||Accurate results in any position around the upper arm.|
|Omron Connect App||Mobile application for iPhone/Android|
|Hypertension Indicator||Hypertension Indicator|
|Cuff Wrap Guide||The OMRON M4 Intelli IT has an indicator to let you know that your cuff is wrapped correctly|
|Body Movement Detection||Signals if too much movement is detected during measurement, to avoid inaccurate readings.|
2 users x 60 memories + guest mode.
Your monitor can store data for two separate users, enabling you to track individual readings and trends
|In the box:|
- 1 x Omron Intelli IT Blood Pressure Monitor
- Intelli Wrap Cuff: 22 - 42 cm
- Set up instructions
- Instruction Manual
- Storage Case
|Device Type:||Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor|
|Cuff Specification:||Intelli Wrap Cuff: 22 - 42 cm|
|Memory Capacity:||2 User x 60 readings |
|Additional Key Features:|
- Easy High Blood Pressure Indicator
- Irregular heartbeat detection
- Body Movement detection
- Clinically validated
- Diabetic validation
- Pregnanancy validation
|Compatibility:||Compatible with Omron Connect App|
L x W x D
|10.5 x 15.2 x 8.5 cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty:||3 Years|
How can I clean my blood pressure monitor?
Wipe the casing of the monitor clean using a soft dry cloth. Never use any abrasive type cleaners or submerge the monitor or any of the components in water. The cuff can be cleaned with a soft moistened cloth and a mild soap.
How do I assemble and use the upper arm cuff (small, medium, large or wide range)?
When the cuff is assembled correctly, the Velcro hook material will be on the outside of the cuff loop and the metal ring will not touch your skin. If the cuff is open, pass the end of the cuff furthest from the tubing through the metal ring to form a loop. The smooth cloth should be on the inside of the cuff loop.
1. Remove tight-fitting clothing from your upper arm.
2. Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor.
3. Put your left arm through the cuff loop. The bottom of the cuff should be about 1 – 2 cm above your elbow (thickness of your index or middle finger). Adjust the cuff around your arm so that the tubing runs down the centre of your arm in line with your middle finger (palm open and facing upwards).
4. Secure the cuff around your arm using the cloth closure. Pull the cuff so that the top and bottom edges are tightened evenly around your arm.
5. The cuff should be firmly secured but not too tight – just enough so that it is difficult to slide 2 fingers under the cuff. This space is imperative for an accurate reading. Omron's digital Blood Pressure Monitors use the Oscillometric method of blood pressure measurement that detects your blood's movement through your brachial artery and converts this movement into a digital reading.
6. Relax your arm and place your elbow on the table so that the cuff is at the same level as your heart. Turn the palm of your hand upward.
7. Check there are no kinks in the air tubing. Be careful that you do not rest your elbow on the air tube when taking a blood pressure reading.
8. Press the ‘O/I START’ or ‘START’ button to begin the blood pressure reading.
For additional information please refer to the Instruction Manual for your device.
What does ‘Clinically Validated’ mean and is it the same as Clinically Tested?
The two terms are not the same. Clinically Validated means a product has been evaluated by an independent organisation and tested against as well as met the stringent requirements as set out by numerous international organisations such as the British Hypertension Society (BHS), European Society for Hypertension (ESH), and International Protocol (IP), just to mention a few. A device that is ‘clinically tested’ has not been tested or evaluated against a set of defined criteria it simply means the device has been used by staff in some type of clinic.
Each model of Omron Blood Pressure Monitor has some basic diagnostics built into the unit. If the device detects a problem, this will be displayed as an E, EE or Er ## (## = a two digit number). Please refer to the Troubleshooting and Maintenance section in your Instruction Manual for a list of the error codes and explanations applicable to your device.
Why do my blood pressure readings seem to vary?
There are are several reasons why you may have inconsistent readings. Many factors exist that can cause a variation in blood pressure measurement values, for example, recent activities or even the time of day can alter the reading.
Additionally, the user's technique is very important for reliable measurement results. Listed below are some of the common reasons you may see an inconsistent or inaccurate reading:
It is very important to use the appropriate size cuff for your arm to obtain accurate measurement results when using your blood pressure monitor. In order to determine the appropriate cuff size, you need to measure the circumference of your arm. You should periodically measure your arm size. This is especially true if you have a borderline arm size measurement, or you may have gained or lost weight.
It is important to ensure the arm cuff you are using with your monitor is the correct size for you. If the incorrect cuff is used the result may be an inaccurate reading and/or the cuff will be damaged (air bladder).
To determine your arm size, use a cloth tape measure and place the tape measure midway between your elbow and your shoulder around the circumference of your upper arm. Wrap the tape measure evenly around your arm. Do not pull the tape tight. Note the precise measurement in centimetres.
1. Put your left arm through the cuff loop. The bottom of the cuff should be about 1 – 2 cm above your elbow (thickness of your index or middle finger). Adjust the cuff around your arm so that the tubing runs down the centre of your arm in line with your middle finger.
2. Secure the cuff around your arm using the cloth closure. Pull the cuff so that the top and bottom edges are tightened evenly around your arm.
3. Secure the cuff firmly but not too tight – just enough so that it is difficult to slide 2 fingers under the cuff. This space is imperative for an accurate reading because Omron's digital Blood Pressure Monitors use the Oscillometric method of blood pressure measurement that detects your blood's movement through your brachial artery and converts this movement into a digital reading.
Before Taking a Measurement
Avoid eating, drinking alcohol, smoking, exercising, and bathing for 30 minutes and rest for 15 before starting the measurement. Avoid taking a measurement during stressful times. Take the measurement in a quiet place.
Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor. Rest your arm on a table with your palm facing upward. The cuff should be level with your heart. Do not talk or move during the measurement.
For additional information please refer to the Instruction Manual for your device.
Why is home monitoring of blood pressure so important?
Doctors, physician assistants, nurses and other healthcare professionals recommend home blood pressure monitoring for various reasons, including the ability to:
• Be constantly aware of a vital indicator about your overall health
• Provide your doctor with information to better understand and manage your (high) blood pressure
• See how you are responding to medication
Many types of hypertension can only be detected by monitoring your blood pressure at home, including:
• White-coat Hypertension: blood pressure reading is high in doctor's office but lower at home
• Masked Hypertension: blood pressure reading is low in doctor's office but higher at home
Additionally, many factors can affect your blood pressure, including physical exertion, emotional fluctuations, medications and stress, so it is important to regularly monitor your blood pressure at home.
Monitoring your blood pressure at home allows you to more easily be in a relaxed state plus the flexibility to take your measurements at various times during the day. By keeping track of your home blood pressure readings, you can provide your healthcare professional with a log of blood pressure measurements over time, which can help them evaluate the effectiveness of your treatment.
How do I connect my Omron device to a PC or Smartphone?
If your device features Bluetooth Smart you can use Omron Connect App on your smartphone. Go to the relevant Omron website for details. If your device requires a USB cable you can use Bi-LINK Health Management. Details can be found at Bi- LINK website.
How can I get my Omron blood pressure monitor re-calibrated?
With all Omron Blood Pressure Monitors, the recommended time between calibration depends on the use of the product. If the monitor is being used in a home or personal environment, Omron recommend they are re-calibrated every 2 years. If the monitor is being used in a clinical environment such as a doctors surgery, Omron recommend that this is done annually to ensure the accuracy of the results.
Omron blood pressure monitors all come with a 3 year warranty from date of delivery. If you still have a copy of your receipt or invoice, Omron can service your monitor free of charge for 3 years from the date of delivery.
If you wish to proceed with this, please follow the below instructions to ensure a quick turnaround.
You will need to include:
- A brief note stating that your machine requires servicing & explaining the issues you are having with obtaining readings, if any.
- Your return address details - Items are sent out via our nominated courier so the return address needs to be where someone will be available to sign for it.
- A daytime contact telephone number.
- A copy of your purchase receipt or invoice (showing purchase within the last 3 years) so that Omron can carry the work out free of charge.
Alternatively, feel free to contact Omron with the serial number on the back of the monitor and they will be able to check when the monitor was manufactured as we can start the 3 year warranty from the manufacturing date if you no longer have a receipt. If you have had your monitor for more than 3 years, Omron can still service it outside of warranty.
We are proud to provide all of our UK customers with 100% free delivery on all of our products when spending £50 or more.
Our products are posted from the UK using Royal Mail standard delivery. We try our best to ship every order the on the day the purchase is made, but ask that customers allow for 3-5 days for the delivery of products.
We also offer international shipping options for our overseas customers. Prices for international shipping may vary; we advise that our customers get in touch with us directly to enquire about the cost of shipping to their country in particular, at email@example.com.
Please note that customs and import charges are placed on packages after they reach their destination country. We do not have any control over these charges, and they must be paid by the customer if they are to receive their items. We do not indicate what is in the parcel, but customs may still decide to seize it. In this case, we are not able to offer refunds.